As the closing date for nominations of candidates for the West Vancouver General Local Election is getting nearer (October 14th, 2011. See the schedule of important dates), we are now offering candidates the opportunity to think about and answer the following questions prior to our All Candidates Meeting on October 20th. We will post the questions and answers as links from the list of nominees on October 16th.
After carefully listening to comments from some our members and the public, as well as past and potential candidates, we feel that this new approach will provide the candidates a chance to answer the questions and provide a context and framework for the All Candidates meeting. Also, the public will have an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the candidates and formulate their own questions for the All Candidates Meeting.
- What community involvement have you had?
- What are the key issues facing WV and what action would you take in these areas of concern?
- How do you achieve a balance of competing interests within the community?
- Do you have expectations of change in the relationship between West Vancouver and the GVRD and between West Vancouver and the Provincial Government?
- What management and organizational skills do you bring to this position?